Buy full UK driving licence

Compare and buy your car insurance with us.

Temporary Car Insurance is perfect if you’re planning to drive for a short period of time – whether borrowing a friend’s car for the weekend, borrowing a van to move house or driving to multiple places of work.

Temporary insurance provides short-term cover and protection for when you need to be insured for between 1 hour to 30 days. Getting a short-term quote is quick and simple, and you’ll be covered to drive almost instantly.

Buy Flexible and immediate, short term cover insurance

If you need short term insurance cover immediately, the RAC can provide a flexible and cost effective way to make sure you’re protected. Our temporary car insurance is designed to cover you to drive another car – or insure someone else to drive your car.

Short term – from 1 hour up to 30 days, and you can pay by day if you wish
Immediate – if you need insurance urgently
Business use – covered as standard†
Cars, vans and motorhomes covered
European cover can be added
RAC Breakdown cover can be added
Flexible – you can drive another car or insure extra drivers on your car
Peace of mind – our Temporary Car Insurance is fully comprehensive and provides a range of benefits as standard, such as accidental damage, new car replacement, accident recovery and legal liabilities
Overseas licences accepted – As well as full UK licences, we can accept full driving licences from the EU, EEA, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa – nice and easy if your friends or family are visiting and need to borrow your car for a short while.

With UKDVLA license car insurance, you know you’re in safe hands.

When it goes wrong, our emergency claims team can help you out. And if there’s an accident and your car isn’t driveable, we’ll help with recovery of your vehicle. We’ll also pay for the cost of overnight accommodation and onward travel.

What does UKDVLA license car insurance cover?

Uninsured driver promise for extra peace of mind
We’ll put things right if an uninsured driver causes damage to your car and you’re not to blame. Get the make, model and registration number of the car. Then contact our claims team, who’ll help you through the process.

Stay moving with courtesy car cover
When your car is in for repairs with our approved network, we’ll give you a courtesy car to get around. And if your car has been stolen or written off, you can rely on a courtesy car from us for 14 days.

Lifetime guarantee on repairs for quality you can rely on
Get fixed up following a car insurance claim with our approved nationwide network. And what’s more, any repairs they do for you are guaranteed for as long as you own your own car.

Wrong fuel, lost keys and child car seat cover
You’ll get wrong fuel cover as standard with comprehensive car insurance – plus lost key cover and child car seat cover.

Foreign use
You’ll also get up to 90-days cover when you’re travelling in any European country.

Multi-car discount
Got more than one car registered at your home address? Save up to 15% with UKDVLA License MultiCar insurance.